Friday, August 14, 2009

What Do They Mean By Finding A Niche On The Internet?

Did you know that there are tens of thousands of searches done on the Internet every day that are not satisfied by good content, (Information on that topic)? We all know that there are millions of searches done on the Internet every day. Did you know that all searches on the Internet are tracked by a company called "Wordtracker.com?" In addition to this, search engines keep track of how results they provide for each key word phrase. This is because they have the pages on the websites indexed. In addition they keep track of how long people stay at a site. If a person found what they are looking for, they probably won't keep searching.

Here is an example that might help you see the opportunity better. If I do a search on the internet for "vacation spots" I get 3 million results. If I do a search for "Forest Lake Minnesota Vacation Spots," I get zero results. What does this tell me? It tells me that Google has 2.9 million web sites with lots of information on vacation spots. That means if I wanted to try and build a site around these key words, I have to compete with millions of other sites. It also tells me that there are no sites that have appropriate information on "Forest Lake Minnesota vacation spots." That means if I wanted to build a site based on those key words, I would have no competition.

Let's see if this helps you understand better. If we found out that the key work phrase "Forest Lake Minnesota Vacation Spots" had about six to eight hundred searches every month, and knowing that the search engines have very little to offer for this key word phrase, we know that we will get about six to eight hundred visitors every month to our site. Remember, this is free traffic. You have now found a niche.

This is an opportunity that you can take advantage of for less than $500. Why is this an opportunity? Because you have a web site that provides information to a regular large supply of interested people. This gives you a target market to think creatively about and try and come up with items or services that might fill other needs or wants they have. For example, you could travel to Forest Lake Minnesota, spend some time there enjoying all that it has to offer and then develop a guide for reference to future visitors. "How to make sure you get the most of your trip to Forest Lake Minnesota." For such a small investment, you have a lot of income potential.

The main point is there are tens of thousands of opportunities like this available on the internet right now, just sitting there. What does that mean to you? That you should do a site based on the key words, "Forest Lake Minnesota Vacation Spots?" Not exactly.

What this means is that if you looked at your own interests and you are willing to do a little research, you could probably find a small group of key words on that topic that people are currently doing searches for, which have little or no websites that provide good quality information for those searches.

I hope it make sense to you why you should choose something that you are interested in. You are going to spend a lot of your time working on the research for this topic; it might as well be something that you find interesting. Can you imagine writing content, doing research, writing articles and all of that on a topic that you could care a less about: especially with so many topics available to you to choose from. Find one that you enjoy.

One of the main points of me writing this artical, is I want to make personal contact with other like-minded business people and collaborate on building bigger better business together, with multiple streams of incomes. I can't do that if you don't contact me. But if you do, I will help you any way I can. Let me share with you all of the tools I have learned to utilize.


No comments:

Post a Comment